Updated April 2013
Adstream Australia considers our relationship with our customers as one of our most valuable assets. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all the individuals we deal with.
This statement sets out our policies on collecting and handling personal information for Adstream (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 26 109 644 797). We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Adstream Australia is an advertising workflow and media management business. Adstream Australia’s products are marketed nationally under the recognisable brands of Adstream and Quickcut.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Adstream Australia may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone number/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation and driver’s licence number and the business details of customers and suppliers and their dealings with Adstream Australia.
How we collect information
Personal information is collected by Adstream Australia to enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
Personal information may be collected directly from you such as through an application (including submitted online, by email, by mail or by phone) for products or services, indirectly from you such as through monitoring your usage of products and services (eg the collection of information of your usage of our website including through cookies), or from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
•verify your identity;
•assist you to subscribe to our services;
•provide the products and services you require, including advertising, through a number of media;
• administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• market, research and develop our products and services;
• gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
• maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Adstream Australia provides products and services via our website. When you visit our site, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our websites and monitor their performance.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Adstream Australia extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies, however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
Adstream Australia also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Adstream Australia collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Your personal information is also collected so that Adstream Australia can promote and market its services to you. We do this to keep you informed of our products, services, special offers or products we believe you will find valuable.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require and for the purposes set out above, Adstream Australia may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Adstream Australia. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Adstream Australia and related companies providing services to you. These organisations may carry out:
• customer enquiries;
• mailing systems;
• billing and debt-recovery functions;
• information technology services;
• marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
• market research; and
• web site usage analysis.
Adstream Australia takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
• your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
• credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
• organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation); and
• other telecommunication and information service providers (eg if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your information for billing purposes).
Third party sites
You may click-through to third party sites from our sites in which case we recommend that you refer to the privacy statement of the sites you visit. This Privacy Statement only applies to the Adstream Australia website only and Adstream Australia assumes no responsibility for information and content of third party sites.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Adstream Australia takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information relies to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
• let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
• keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address, by contacting us (see “How to contact us” below).
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Adstream Australia reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact our Privacy Officers on 02 9467 7586 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Tuesday/Thursday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can email our Privacy Officers, at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or by standard mail at:
The Privacy Officer
Adstream Australia Pty Ltd
Level 5, Tower B
207 Pacific Hwy
St Leonards NSW 2065
Further information on privacy is available at the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au/